Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Chavez Taqueria - Sunnyvale, California


If you're not familiar with Fair Oaks Avenue, or if you've never been to this taqueria, you probably won't find it. Why? Because it's located inside Chavez Supermarket. As you enter the market you smell baked goods to your left, while the smell of fresh raw meat mixed with a taqueria smell lingers throughout the market. When I step into the market I make a beeline past the registers, through the fruit and vegetable section, finding myself staring at the refrigerated section while waiting to make my order. I apologize for not taking pictures of the menu, I rarely look at the menu since I already know what I want.

From fresh carne asada to chivo (goat) to caramones (shrimp) they also offer menudo on the weekends.

I haven't found a taqueria where I could watch the artistic burrito assemblers assemble my burrito, kind of like subway, but for burritos.

They chop your meat in front of you, if any chopping is neccessary.

I request for extras and omit what I don't like (which is pretty much nothing)
I always order the carne asada super burrito, super because guacamole and cheese is necessary when consuming a cow while my other orders a chile verde (stewed pork) regular burrito (minus the guacamole and cheese). Since I'm on a "diet" I asked my Lambchops to share half the carne asada super burrito with me (plus it wouldn't be lady-like for me to eat a whole burrito on my own). Actually, at one point of my relationship with Mr. G, we couldn't share a burrito, because it is that good. Those burritos have caught up with me throughout the years, it's time I went back to sharing.


I think the guy knew I was a food paparazzi, who else would recieve their burrito in this special bag?
I had the burrito artist cut my burrito in half. Could you share something this disgustingly good?
I couldn't, but I had to.


A giant steamed flour tortilla filled with rice, lots of meat, pico de gallo, sour cream, cheese, guacamole, onions and cilantro.

his chile verde burrito

Chavez Supermarket
666 N Fairoaks Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94085
(408) 736-3793
www.chavezsuper.com

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Man it look so good. I think i will get one tomorrow!

miss piggie said...

i'm so jealous of you...