Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

I didn't realize how quick Easter Sunday arrived, though I'm not religious I don't have a reason to recognize the bunny holiday. I worked in retail for seven years of my teenage life and I always looked forward to Easter Sunday just because I didn't have to work. Fast forward to today (we only fast forwarded about three years, I'm not that old) and now Easter Sunday sucks for me because most retail stores are closed. On the other hand, I get to spend the bunny day with my cousins. I love getting together with my family, because they don't play around when it comes to eating.

Silly me, arriving late to a food event... this bowl held what used to be garlic noodles... luckily my oldest cousin's wife made a whole new batch of them... which I was a little too hungry to take a picture of.
Goi Du Du, also known as papaya salad.
I don't know how these mussels were made, I'm assuming broiled? baked? grilled? (ignorance occurs when you're late for a food festivity)
Fruit Salad. So simple, so fresh, so perfect for a sunny hot day in San Jose. When I arrived, there were two bags of these sweet and spicy bad boys, gobbled up, sauce left as evidence. My older cousin busted out with two more bags, which also contained spicy sausage and corn..
I don't feel too bad for being late, these lambchops were just hitting the grill.
tender and juicy grilled lambchops.

What is left from the first round of grilling.
I don't think I've ever attended a family party without drinking involved.
mental note: don't ever show up late to a food fest, and don't ever leave early.

No comments: