Sunday, February 10, 2008

Asian Sticky Wings

Disgusting, isn't it?

Sticky wings are one of my favorite things to make, not only because it tastes so damn good, but also love the fragrant aromas that hits my nose when the ginger is mixed with the green onion. The sauce is easy to prepare, and you can adjust it to your liking. I like to double up on the ingredients since I love saucy wings.


2 stalks of green onion
3 cloves of garlic ( I didn't have fresh garlic on hand, so I substituted with garlic powder. either will do)
2 tsp. fresh grated ginger
2 tsp. sesame oil
2 tbs. soy sauce (I used two kinds in this one, Japanese and Maggi because I felt like being adventurous)
2 tbs. Oyster sauce
2 tbs. rooster sauce, sambal oleck, whatever you have on hand
2 tbs. honey
Chicken wings
black pepper optional



1.) Preheat oven to 425F. Spray or grease your baking pan. I normally line it with foil for easy clean, but today I felt like doing extra work for some reason.

2.) Combine all sauce ingredients in a big mixing bowl. Set aside.



3.) Wash chicken wings, dry, and separate drummettes from the wing. I keep the tips on just because I felt like it, but wing tips are optional. (for some reason there was ONE drummette in my pack)

4.) Mix chicken wings in sauce until well coated. Lay on baking sheet. I don't like to crowd my chicken or else it will "steam" and I end up not having a nice crust. You'll see what I mean. So I ended up using a baking dish AND a casserole dish just to make sure there's room.



5.) Throw it in the oven for 50 minutes. halfway through cooking time, turn chicken pieces over and continue cooking. After the 50 minutes my chicken caramelized nicely, but if yours doesn't, crank the heat up to broil for 5-8 minutes.




6.) Plate the wings, if you have leftover sauce, pour it on!


No comments: