Friday, February 29, 2008

caprese on a stick


I got this genius idea from Rachael Ray, either from her magazine or when she was a guest on the Oprah show, I'm not sure which. Anyway, whenever I want Mr. G to take in more vegetables, I make this for him and he gladly eats it, without trying to put up a fight with me. Actually he's not a fussy eater, he loves veggies, but he forgets to eat it sometimes.

I've also made this for a Christmas party (the colors go so well with the holiday!), and I was surprised to see my platter empty, 30 minutes into the party. Maybe because I didn't make enough...

Caprese on a Stick
ingredients:
fresh Italian basil
grape tomatoes, or whatever small cute tomatoes you have on hand
marinated fresh mozzarella ( I get mine from TJ's)
salt, pepper,
olive oil (optional)



assemble however you like. After assembling, drizzle the sticks with either olive oil, or the marinade from the mozzarella then salt and pepper.

So simple, yet so tasty. I just remembered that I made these for my mom once. She wanted to add marinated olives, onions, whatever tickled her fancy. I told her she could do it, but on her own time.

No comments: