Monday, February 18, 2008

George's Giant Hamburger - Tigard, Oregon



For the longest time whenever Mr. G and I drove past this little burger shack, I'd stare and wonder how big their burgers really are, with a name claiming to be giant. I had more interest in the name more than the burger, because I never felt it was necessary to eat hamburgers outside of fast food chains. So one day we decided what the heck, let's stop by here. I've been hooked ever since. Never in my life have I ever ate a burger and continue to think about that burger 2 days later.... until I met George's burgers.

So this is the type of place where you walk in, read the menu in front, order from the counter get your number and sit down. This is the kind of place I like. I don't feel it is necessary to be catered to, just to eat a burger.

I like how they just cook your meat and let you dress it up however you like, because people don't understand my love for ketchup in my burgers. I usually load extra ketchup to make up for the dry and flavorlessness. not here. I don't add fresh onions or load up on any extra condiments because I actually want to savor the natural (or enhanced) flavors of my greasy beef.


Started off with a strawberry shake. Vanilla ice cream, milk and strawberry syrup. It's so fake, it's delicious.
I ordered bacon hamburger ($4.35) with an extra egg (75 cents extra)

After adding a bit of ketchup, lettuce and tomato, I couldn't open my mouth wide enough to get a nice big bite. I even took the bacon out to eat on the side.

He ordered "The Big George" which consists of cheese, grilled mushroom, grilled onions, and bacon. Added an egg for kicks.

His burger after dressing his up.

disgusting...must savor every last bite!

I went here several days ago, and I'm still thinking about the burgers! The meat is so thick, crumbly and juicy. I'll never know what the secret is, but I don't care to know, I just want to eat.


George's Giant Hamburgers
11640 SW Pacific Hwy
Tigard, OR 97223
(503) 639-8029

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yum! I'm craving a hamburger like that like crazy! Too bad there's nothing around here to compare to that? I just think of in and out! =( I wanna reach in the pix and grab it...UmmmMmmM dRooL!!! =P**